Erling Westenvik wrote:

> Hi,
> Last year I discovered the iSH app, "The Linux shell for iOS"
> (https:/ish.app), "a project to get a Linux shell environment running
> locally on your iOS device, using a usermode x86 emulator". It's an
> Alpine Linux distribution with the Almquist shell (ash) as default.

Hi Erling,

I have been using extensively Alpine Linux as a Xen Domain 0 since
BSDCan2016 due to Henning Brauer influence. There are no problems in ssh
communication among OpenBSD and Alpine Linux boxes.

xen1:~# more /etc/alpine-release
3.13.1
xen1:~# uname -a
Linux xen1.int.autonlab.org 5.10.11-1-lts #2-Alpine SMP Fri, 29 Jan 2021
16:43:14 +0000 x86_64 Linux
xen1:~# echo $SHELL
/bin/ash

xen1:~# ssh au...@lnms.int.autonlab.org
Host key fingerprint is
SHA256:FGVw4gkiFuoDdbDg4+U/ZzyZh/pXaI//4jai+eBHzSE
+---[ECDSA 256]---+
|. *oo . +o+      |
|.= + . o *       |
|oo..    +        |
|+ +    . E .     |
| + .    S = .    |
|  . . . ++ +     |
|     o Xo.+      |
|      * == =     |
|     ..==.=o+.   |
+----[SHA256]-----+
au...@lnms.int.autonlab.org's password:
Last login: Sat Feb  6 23:31:44 2021 from 192.168.6.4
OpenBSD 6.8 (GENERIC.MP) #4: Mon Jan 11 10:35:56 MST 2021

Welcome to OpenBSD: The proactively secure Unix-like operating system.

Please use the sendbug(1) utility to report bugs in the system.
Before reporting a bug, please try to reproduce it with the latest
version of the code.  With bug reports, please try to ensure that
enough information to reproduce the problem is enclosed, and if a
known fix for it exists, include that as well.

lnms$

lnms$ ssh au...@xen1.int.autonlab.org
au...@xen1.int.autonlab.org's password:
Welcome to Alpine!

The Alpine Wiki contains a large amount of how-to guides and general
information about administrating Alpine systems.
See <http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/>.

You can setup the system with the command: setup-alpine

You may change this message by editing /etc/motd.

Cheers,
Predrag