Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Erling Westenvik:
>> I can ssh FROM any OpenBSD box INTO iSH on my iPhone, and once
>> authenticated I can ssh back from there to the OpenBSD box or to any
>> other OpenBSD or Linux box, but! -- From iSH itself (ie. "directly" from
>> my iPhone) I can only successfully ssh to Linux boxes; if I ssh from the
>> phone itself to any OpenBSD box I'm getting authenticated and receive a
>> full shell prompt
>
> Right here, I'd start ktrace(1)-ing the login shell on the OpenBSD
> box to see...
>
>> but the moment I hit Enter the client drops the connection.
>
>... what this looks like at the OpenBSD end.
>
>> I guess there must be something obvious I'm missing but for the life
>> of me I cannot figure out what. Any help is appreciated.
>
> I don't think it's anything obvious.  Smells like an interop problem
> at a level above SSH to me.

I tried iSH and I can successfully ssh to my OpenBSD-current box and do
stuff there without a disconnect.

Instead of going through ktracing the shell, you could set your login
shell to /bin/sh for a test and try again. If this works, you know that
your shell is causing the trouble.

Best Regards,
Stefan