Am Mon, 19 Feb 2007 16:22:59 +0100
schrieb Nico Meijer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hey Bill,
>
> > Is there any issues that are gonna bite me with doing this?
>
> No, not that I know of.
>
> I do this with a bunch of boxes. I only use the carp'ed IP address on
> either box when configuring apache.
>
> HTH... Nico

Hmm, I'm not sure but what's about ssl session data? When the ssl handshake
happens client and server will negotiate session keys. Those information
will be lost when the master system goes down because carp only works on
ip-layer. You have to ensure to sync this info. I don't know how.
Perhaps rsync is your friend.
But of course this concerns only to already initiated connections.

Regards Joerg

--
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Joerg Streckfuss, Phone: +49 40 808077-631
PGP RSA/2048, E0D4BD3F, 90 C3 FB 4A CB D3 20 70  6B 04 47 84 B5 3C 28 8C

DFN-CERT Services GmbH, https://www.dfn-cert.de, Phone +49 40 808077-555
Sitz / Register: Hamburg, AG Hamburg, HRB 88805, Ust-IdNr.: DE 232129737

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]