Warning: Possible giant troll.

Hey guys,

I've always had a beef with 5-star ratings in music applications
that's turned me off using them. I struggle with the meaning of each
rating, and it's always been my hunch that just having a single star
column that you can toggle (a la GMail) would be way more convenient.

What's the difference between 3, 4 star, and 5 stars?

If you rate songs as 1 star (out of 5), why do you even have that in
your library? (In Mixxx, you can "Remove" them.)

The mapping from a 5-star system to my imaginary 1-star system would be:
4, 5 stars --> starred
2, 3 stars --> unstarred
1 star --> remove

Does anyone actually use all 5 stars?

I don't want to rag on Tobias' great work on the star widget. :) If we
were go to a 1-star system, we could definitely still use his widget
without modification for our external track sources.

Thanks, and hopefully someone can set me straight.
Albert