>       additionally, i think that some consideration should be given to
>       how mod_perl is packaged.

I know that S.u.S.E. Linux (at least the german version) include a Apache
with mod_perl as DSO ( but I never have tried it, I always compiled
Apache/Perl/mod_perl etc. from the source), but they neither have included
any of the Apache::* modules or Embperl/Mason/ASP/AxKit etc.

I could try to contact them and ask if it's possible to include more of the
Apache modules and maybe the guide.

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925151