Gunther Birznieks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Interestingly, I recall sitting in on one of Bruce's courses at Web98 (We
> were teaching CGI/Perl for a day and he was teaching Intensive Java the day
> before)... Bruce said he has tried to learn Perl but just couldn't wrap his
> head around it.

If Damian Conway can do it... ;-)

> Perhaps it is we who should sacrifice ourselves to become managers such
> that we force Perl upon the programmers coming into our departments just as
> they, the managers of today, force Java down.
>
> Viva La Revolution!

Hopefully, I'm going to be in exactly this position. I've got a few
"web programmers" to hire but I want all of them to be throughly
bootcamped in "the Unix Way" and Perl, whatever Cold Fusion and Java
magic they ultimately get involved with.

--
Dave Hodgkinson,                             http://www.hodgkinson.org
Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com