On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 03:52:01PM +0100, Stas Bekman took time to write:
> Your problem is that you try to use the precompiled broken packages
> provided by distros.

If I can jump... I must say that I *never* had a problem with Debian
packages of mod_perl. Maybe RedHat packages have (don't known I don't
use that), but Debian packages are correct for me.

So on a Debian System, you just need to do :
apt-get install libapache-mod-perl

and tweak the configuration files.

At least that's my experience.
(BTW, kudos the the Debian maintainer which probably reads this list)

Regards,

--
Patrick.
``C'est un monde qui n'a pas les moyens de ne plus avoir mal.''