I think if we could all agree on a standard newbie package and get RedHat
engineers to agree to it it might go a long way...  I don't remember ever
seeing RedHat asking this list for advice on how it should package mod_perl
(Paul?)

not that they could ever really get everyone on the list to agree :)  but I
think EVERYTHING=1 and a static build would be a majority consensus.

--Geoff