On Feb 8, 2007, at 11:20 AM, David Landgren wrote:

I recommed against deleting it, because that only add fuel to the fire. The crackpot who uploaded this drivel in the first place will be able to crow freedom of speech and it's all a communist plot, there really is a perl cabal and they're out to get me and blah blah blah.

NOT deleting it could cause trouble for CPAN at large. Some of the CPAN mirror sites are universities, etc. which may have policies against hate speech.

Freedom of speech varies across countries, but generally applies only to speech in public venues, or venues that you own/control. CPAN is not a public venue, so freedom of speech does not apply here. Just as I am not obligated to host such hate speech on my personal website, PAUSE/CPAN is not obligated to host it either.

Chris

P.S. Thank you Randy Kobes for quickly delisting this module.

--
Chris Dolan, Equilibrious LLC, http://equilibrious.net/
Public key: http://chrisdolan.net/public.key