CarlosRivera wrote:
> I have heard that web sites are using screen size (width, height) and
> depth to help track one.  For example, they could make a fairly
> reasonable guess that somebody with screen information of 640x480x256 or
> 1920x1280x32 is in a certain income category.  They can also store this
> information and your IP subnet and track one.  I consider that my screen
> size and depth should be private.  Is there a way to set these sorts of
> properties for javascript to my choosing?

I posted your message to one of the CAcert mailing lists and a couple of
guys replied with the following URLs/info...

http://www.privoxy.org/

 Privoxy is a web proxy with advanced filtering capabilities for
 protecting privacy, filtering web page content, managing cookies,
 controlling access, and removing ads, banners, pop-ups and other
 obnoxious Internet junk. Privoxy has a very flexible configuration
 and can be customized to suit individual needs and tastes. Privoxy
 has application for both stand-alone systems and multi-user networks.
 .
 Privoxy is based on Internet Junkbuster (tm).

and http://tor.eff.org/

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."