CarlosRivera wrote:

I have heard that web sites are using screen size (width, height) and depth to help track one. For example, they could make a fairly reasonable guess that somebody with screen information of 640x480x256 or 1920x1280x32 is in a certain income category. They can also store this information and your IP subnet and track one. I consider that my screen size and depth should be private. Is there a way to set these sorts of properties for javascript to my choosing?

Have a look at http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/components/ConfigPolicy.html

Where it says to enter lines into user.js, you can instead use about:config.

regards,
Mark..

--
British English localisations of: