I'm fairly new to MP3 encoding and to LAME, and am trying to find the
LAME options that produce the best sounding audio from my ripped CDs.

I notice that the default bitrate for LAME is 128kbps, but that allot
of the MP3s I download are encoded with 192kbps bitrate.  They "seem"
to sound better, but it might be my imagination.

I don't mind if my MP3 files end up a bit larger if the audio quality
is better.  Should I be using -b 192 instead of taking the default
bitrate of 128?  How is the following for a set of options to encode
my WAV files ripped from CD: % lame -h -b 192 sample.wav sample.mp3

Thanks.