    Z> What could be the reason that the decoders mess up with only
    Z> the LAME Encoder?

LAME is now using "the edge of ISO standards", and most of them are
not used in another encoder. yes, we are challenging the limit of
ISO standards :^)

"scfsi(scale factor selection infomation)" is one of them. Most decoders
can't treat them correctly (I checked some of sourcecodes).
I haven't checked it, but I'm afraid "short block count1 region" is so.

and I'm afraid "mixed block support" (which is only plan of next release,
no code available now) will be so.

If you want MAXIMUM QUALITY of mp3, BE SURE to use the best encoder
and the best decoder.
(and of course audio equipment, especially sound card in your PC)
---
Takehiro TOMINAGA // May the source be with you !