Hallo Martin,

Du schriebst am Wed, 14 Jun 2017 06:56:33 +0200:

> What is wrong with "method" instead of "object function"?

It's a new keyword, and it forgoes any distinction between real functions
and procedures. With an "object function", you can also have an "object
procedure". With "method", impossible.

> > [Pascal-ish "with"]
> Example:

> Now the author of the widget library adds a new property to "cwidget"
> and brakes the functionality of your "test()" procedure.

Well  you wanted to say that this _broke_ ("breaks") the code, i surmise.
Sure, if you _recompile_ it, it will use the new declarations. But the
modification should be _known_ from the unit documetation, and this has to
be taken into account anyway. The author of the widget library could just
as well have changed the "pos" field's type to something different, which
would break the derived code just as well.

But I _did_ say, "you might consider to do away with "WITH", as some even
say they consider it harmful."