De : Sieghard via mseide-msegui-talk <mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net>
Envoyé : samedi 26 février 2022 01:03
À : mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net
<mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc : Sieghard <s_c_...@arcor.de>
Objet : [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Some more on tarnslation...

Hallo Fred van Stappen,

as I've just had a bit of spare time, I played around some with the
"dynpo" translation / localization approach. As a result, you can
find new versions of the two files "msegui-lib_dynpo.zip" and
"msegui_dynpo-mod.zip" on my web site.

The first one contains a modified version of the unit file
"lib/common/lang_consts/msestockobjects.pas", providing a couple
compatibility functions, allowing to getting rid of all but one
occurrence of "{$ifdef mse_dynpo}" conditionals. The one required
still is in "widgets/msegrids.pas", and that's needed only because
with "dynpo" there are no "textgenerator" functions.

Being at it, I did some more tinkering with the translation functions,
trying to provide a general method for all "stock" items, and to allow
for application specific additions. For testing it, I shamelessly
missused your (old?) podemo (the version I downloaded last, from
Jan. 27, and modified it to use a new unit I called "po4stock.pas".
That's what the file "msegui_dynpo-mod.zip" contains. It is still
"work in progress", so it might not do everything correctly in all
applications you might try it with. I'd like to make your ideU work
that way, but that's "a bit" more work, so I've not done it yet.

Yes, and sorry, I DON'T have any new information in respect to the
glyph rendering problem. I'm just hopeing to get at it in parallel,
and possibly can find something toward it.

Anyway, have a nice weekend!