Von: Hans Nieuwenhuis
An: mspgcc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Gesendet am: 27 Mai 2010 12:33:04
Betreff: [Mspgcc-users] Linker script for msp430x54xx

Hi all,

Just found out that binutils (2.20.1, but also older revs.) installs
incorrect linker files for the msp430x54xx parts. These parts have
their bootloader starting at 0x1000, but as shown in the snippet blow
that's where the linker puts the infomem section. Infomem should be
four blocks of 128 bytes starting at 0x1800.

  bootloader(rx)    : ORIGIN = 0x0c00,     LENGTH = 1K
  infomem(rx)       : ORIGIN = 0x1000,     LENGTH = 256
  infomemnobits(rx) : ORIGIN = 0x1000,     LENGTH = 256

What is the purpose of the sections infomem and infomemnobits as they
both point the same start address? Can someone shed a light on this?