From: Mitnacht, Thomas
Sent: Freitag, 26. Oktober 2012 11:01
To: mspgcc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: Brendan Conoboy (b...@redhat.com)
Subject: [Mspgcc-users] MSP430 GCC goes Red Hat

Hello GCC-enthusiasts!

We wanted to give everyone in the MSPGCC community some exciting news regarding
the MSP430(tm) MCU portfolio and its GCC offering. TI is collaborating with Red
Hat to develop a new GCC offering that will incorporate as much as feasible of
what the community has developed. The team at Texas Instruments cannot thank
the community enough for all of the efforts involved in improving our GCC
offering for MSP430 MCUs! With your help, TI has been able to grow closer to
the open source community & GCC has become a key part of MSP430 MCU strategy.
The MSP430 team looks forward to this new partnership to further improve our
open source presence. We are working with Red Hat to create a new GCC offering
for MSP430 MCUs and future platforms, with the ultimate goal of being
upstreamed into the main FSF GCC branch that is actively supported for the
long-term.

We are aiming to have a working beta before the end of the year, and are
shooting for a public release sometime early next year. Stay tuned.

The MSP430 Team

Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH, Haggertystr. 1, D-85356 Freising.
Amtsgericht M?nchen HRB 40960. Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Dr. Wolfram Tietscher.
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Edgar Frank