On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Paul Sokolovsky <pmis...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Peter,
>
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2014 06:23:40 -0600
> Peter Bigot <big...@acm.org> wrote:
>
> > In the gcc_rh branch the only change I made was to remove the execute
> > bits from the header files and move the contents back to the include
> > directory from the msp430-gcc-support-files directory they're now
> > in.  Note that the TI versions now use Unix line endings, so to
> > identify content differences from old versions you need to add -b or
> > -w to the diff command.
>
> Ah, too bad they were not dos2unix'ed before the import!

My intent is that these be archival; I'll muck with metadata like execute
bits and the containing directory name in an attempt to maintain
consistency across releases, but I won't change the content of individual
files.

> And here's something I wanted to ask for a while - did you or somebody
> else considered adding msp430 toolchain to http://crosstool-ng.org/ ?

Nope.  I'm not interested in more things to maintain; my solution for
msp430elf toolchain building is described here:
http://pabigot.github.io/bsp430/msp430elf.html

That page includes a link to the most recent version of my build script
posted here some months ago.  If somebody wants to use that as a basis for
other work, feel free.  I don't think it's got enough creativity to warrant
a copyright and in any case it'd fall under the BSD-3-Clause licensing of
BSP430.

Peter