On 23/02/2015 17:15, Ghannouchi, Youssef wrote:

 Are here any instructions to build this from sources? I have problems
from very beginning with this so named "release" (I didn't seen
releases worse, to be honest):

(1) Sources could not be downloaded automatically. You need browser.
What should distributive build cluster do?

(2) Sources tarball doesn't contains any version indication in its name

(3) There are no instructions at all!

 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --target=mdp430 && gmake all

 fails in early stages with different problems, looks like it is very
Linux-specific (stock binutils/gcc could be build virtually anywhere!)

 I want to update FreeBSD port/package for ancient msp430gcc, but it
looks impossible :-(

> Hello GCC-enthusiasts,
>
> We are pleased to announce a new stand-alone & open source release
> (v3.02.03.00) on the external web! This release is the stand-alone
> equivalent to the MSP430 GCC support in CCSv6 App Center and
> includes all binaries, the source code and MSP430 device specific
> support files.
>

> ·         What's new in this release?
>
> o   Key Changes to GCC:
>
> §  Fixed initialization of .data section
>
> §  Fixed detection of hardware multiply (for MSP430FR5739).
>
> o   Key Changes to Header & Support Files:
>
> §  Update linker scripts to fix initialization of .data section in
> large memory devices.
>
> §  Change asm to __asm__ in iomacros.h (for C99 compatibility).
>
> o   Please refer to the release
> notes<http://software-dl.ti.com/msp430/msp430_public_sw/mcu/msp430/MSP
GCC/3_02_03_00/index_FDS.html>
> for more details.
>

> ·         How to get it?
>
> o   Use the Stand-alone & Open Source downloads from the GCC tools
> folder<http://www.ti.com/tool/msp430-gcc-opensource>
>
> o   Update through CCS v6.x installation will be available in the
> coming days.  Please note that updating GCC compiler will also
> automatically update the GCC MSP430 device specific support files.
>
> §  Update your CCS v6.x installation (Help -> Search for updates)
> to the latest version and visit the CCS App Center under (Help ->
> Getting Started) Basic migration advice and links to GCC
> documentation is provided in the CCSv6 for MSP430 user's
> guide<http://www.ti.com/lit/pdf/slau157>
>

> Best regards, Youssef Ghannouchi
>
> ________________________________ Youssef Ghannouchi Product Manager
> - Texas Instruments Inc.

> from Actuate! Instantly Supercharge Your Business Reports and
> Dashboards with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App
> Integration & more Get technology previously reserved for
> billion-dollar corporations, FREE
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=190641631&iu=/4140/ostg.
clktrk

- --