On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 07:59:04PM -0700, Carl Constantine wrote:
> I'm curious what other users have experienced using mutt with Solaris 8.
>
> I've compiled mutt 2.5.1 for it but am not getting some of the nicer
> features available in mutt like I see immediately available on Linux such
> as:
>

> 1) color in the dtterm window
> 2) thread recognition ie: I don't see the |-> chars for replied email and
> such.
>
> In fact it seems even VIM may have some issues with color in a dtterm. I
> just did the standard ./configure and make. Nothing fancy. Maybe I should do
> something else?
>
> I'm curious what other users have done with mutt and Solaris 8 and how they
> solved it.
>
> Thanks.

I am using mutt colorfully on Solaris 8.  I was using dtterm  but have now
switched to xterm (XFree86 4.0.3(154)).  I just compiled it and made
sure to use the terminfo that came with it.  I also complied mutt with
the ncurses (5.2) and again made sure to use the terminfo that was
provided with xterm.  You coudl also try mutt with slang - again this
has worked for me.

I have also tried rxvt but I cannot get the cursor to blink - this I
find annoying...

Hanif.

--
Hanif Ladha [EMAIL PROTECTED]