also sprach David T-G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2001.12.27.1307 +0100]:
> ...and then martin f krafft said...
> %
> % hi folks,
> % first, please CC me on replies as i am not subscribed to mutt-users...
>
> Done.  But you missed the whole new-threading-style discussion because
> you weren't here :-)

right, but i am already on two million other high traffic lists, i
would die if i were on mutt. how many messages a day would you say?

could you give me a url to the archives of that thread, or the approx
date and possibly the subject line?

> Daniel Eisenbud has worked up a patch,
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
there are surely more than one daniel eisenbud, but i might well have
gone to college with that one ;)

do you have any more info on who he is?

> with multiple fine-tuning revisions, which should enhance the way
> $hide_missing works (you do have that set already because you did
> read the manual, right?) and should make you happier.  Go and get it
> or wait for it to be further refined after he returns in early
> January from his trip.

okay, i use debian, and i'd rather stick with the packages rather than
patching the source. so i'll wait. but i am glad to know that mutt is
working on it.

i can't believe that a change to the way mutt handles things was made
without providing an option to control it... with the user base that
mutt has, that was surely a brave step...

> % thanks, and please CC me!
>
> What, again?

people tend to forget by the time they are done with reading...
thanks for not CCing me twice ;)

you grabbed my hand and we fell into it, like a daydream - or a fever.