On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 01:30:08PM +0100, martin f krafft (dis)graced my inbox with:
> right, but i am already on two million other high traffic lists, i
> would die if i were on mutt. how many messages a day would you say?

Well, mutt is the highest-traffic list I'm on, but I'm only on one or
two so that's not really saying much.

I'd say there's about 30 to 50 messages per day, depending on whether or
not we're debating a hot topic ;) (I got about 46 so far today, but the
day's not over yet :)

> could you give me a url to the archives of that thread, or the approx
> date and possibly the subject line?

The only archives of this list that I know of are the ones I've been
keeping on my HD. I'm sure somebody else has a link for you, though :)

> > with multiple fine-tuning revisions, which should enhance the way
> > $hide_missing works (you do have that set already because you did
> > read the manual, right?) and should make you happier. Go and get
> > it or wait for it to be further refined after he returns in early
> > January from his trip.
>
> okay, i use debian, and i'd rather stick with the packages rather than
> patching the source. so i'll wait. but i am glad to know that mutt is
> working on it.

You like apt that much, eh? I don't mind (re)compiling things now and
then, if it means fixing a bug or getting faster performance :)

> i can't believe that a change to the way mutt handles things was made
> without providing an option to control it... with the user base that
> mutt has, that was surely a brave step...

Hmm, I never thought of it that way. I guess if you _really_ don't like
it, you could downgrade to 1.3.23 and wait for 1.3.25 to come out... I
don't really see a big problem with it, though, because I've never seen
more than 2 or 3 ?'s on one message :)

--
Rob 'Feztaa' Park
[EMAIL PROTECTED]