> Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 15:14:00 -0500
> From: Maciej Kalisiak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: pyurlview.py: a more flexible 'urlview'
>
> On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 02:18:16PM -0500, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> >     quite nice, with a few nits:
> >
> >     curses.wrapper () initializes color support, and I haven't found a
> >     way to make it set the background transparent.
>
> curses.wrapper() is a function from an external module (Python's
> "curses" module). I haven't bothered changing its default colours and
> behaviour, but I suppose this is something I'll look at when I improve
> pyurlview.

    I know where it comes from. I'd suggest resorting to the "manual"
    curses setup. It's just a few lines more, and allows more
    flexibility.

> >     besides, the colorsare quite unpleasant.
>
> Really? What do you get? I get an admittedly boring white on black, but
> I wouldn't necessarily call that "unpleasant".

    I get black text on wheat background. With #0f1319 root window,
    transparent xterms, and grey70 font, this isn't exactly nice. Like
    being hit in the face with a snowball.

> >     Looks like this happens when the new size of the window is more
> >     than 2x the original, or less than 1/2 of the original. I'm
> >     talking about resizing the window, of course.
>
> I'll have a look.  The menu printing code needs a once over anyhow, to watch
> for and trim print-lines that wrap, so this will probably be taken care of
> automatically.
>
> >     and last, what's with that GPL everybody seems to be hypnotized?
>
> Why?  I'm no license zealot, but it just seems to fit my needs the best.

    Erm, sorry for the remark. I'm gradually developing strong distaste
    for the license... Didn't mean to start a flamewar, nor do I want
    one now. Just ignore it.

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
9:37PM up 9 days, 8:15, 17 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.02, 0.04