* Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> [111029 16:50]:
> |   thanks. Good tip. Making progress.
>
> Ah, ok. What you're seeing is that mutt cleans up the temp file after
> the command completes. "open" tells chrome what to open, and exits. Mutt
> cleans up. Chrome responsds too late and sees nothing.
>
> What you need is a wrapper script to take a copy of the file and hand
> the copy to chrome. Like this one:
>
>   http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/withstdin
>
> You can imagine what led me to write that:-)
>
> Then your mailcap entry becomes:
>
>   text/html; withstdin open -a Chrome <%s
>
> which hands a copy to Chrome.
  I tried that. Now I get :
  """
  No webpage was found for the web address:
  file://localhost/var/folders/rj/6r6lch2d1mqb6p8k7s_ydrh80000gn/T/withstdin9745
  """
  Time doesn't permit me to look at your script closely until later
  tonight or tomorrow morning, but perhaps something needs to be
  modified in the script?
  Also, I note that I have to give full path to Chrome and withstdin
  in the mailcap entry. Don't quite get that... I see /usr/local/bin
  in $PATH and `which' sees the scripts and the symlink....
  """
--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com