* Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> [10-29-11 21:26]:
> (1) might work, though I'm offering another approach in the other thread
> branch. (2) won't help - you never see chrome "return" from the web page
> display, and watching the command output for EOF doesn't help.

when I "view" an http email in firefox, if I "hit-a-key" to return to mutt
too soon, the page fails to load in firefox as the temp file has been
removed.  I understand that you don't see "chrome" *return* but you know
that there is a delay until the entire page/data is handed off to chrome
where the exchange can be interrupted.  Supposedly "copiousoutput" delays
the "return from browser/other-app" until the data has been
exchanged/delivered......

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member