On 29Oct2011 17:05, Tim Johnson <t...@akwebsoft.com> wrote:
| * Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> [111029 16:50]:
| > |   thanks. Good tip. Making progress.
| >
| > What you need is a wrapper script to take a copy of the file and hand
| > the copy to chrome. Like this one:
| >
| >   http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/withstdin
[...]
|   I tried that. Now I get :
|   """
|   No webpage was found for the web address:

file://localhost/var/folders/rj/6r6lch2d1mqb6p8k7s_ydrh80000gn/T/withstdin9745
|   """
|   Time doesn't permit me to look at your script closely until later
|   tonight or tomorrow morning, but perhaps something needs to be
|   modified in the script?

The script is (was) wrong. withstdin was actually a differently purposed
script and did exhibit that behaviour.

I have modified it. Invoke the new version like this:

  text/html; withstdin --keep --ext=.html open -a Chrome <%s

|   Also, I note that I have to give full path to Chrome and withstdin
|   in the mailcap entry. Don't quite get that... I see /usr/local/bin
|   in $PATH and `which' sees the scripts and the symlink....

I'm surprised you need a full path to withstdin if it is in your usualy
stuff (as found by which, for example). You really should not need a
full path for Chrome at all if it is a normal app. Unless its name isn't
plain "Chrome" but something longer like "Google Chrome". Command-Tab
should show the app names.

Please refetch the updated script (realised my error after my earlier
post, have been modifying the script meanwhile).

Let me know if it is any better for you.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

The aim of AI is to make computers act like the ones in the movies.
        - Graham Mann