On 29Oct2011 20:29, Patrick Shanahan <ptilopt...@gmail.com> wrote:
| * Tim Johnson <t...@akwebsoft.com> [10-29-11 20:12]:
| > * Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> [111029 13:27]:
| >   That works.
| >   However, if I do 'm' (view-mailcap) or <Cr> (view-attach)
| >   focus switches to a new chrome tab, but I get a
| >   "This webpage is not found" error message.
| >   Example: location =

file://localhost/var/folders/rj/6r6lch2d1mqb6p8k7s_ydrh80000gn/T/muttPk5vu1
| >   I can 'backtrace' the path to
| >   file://localhost/var/folders/rj/6r6lch2d1mqb6p8k7s_ydrh80000gn/T/
| >   and see a directory index, but don't see 'muttPk5vu1' there...
|
| It is quite possible that the temp file is being cleared before the
| browser has loaded it.  I see two possibilities,
|   (1) do not return or "hit a key" to mutt until the page has loaded or
|   (2) try appending ";copiousoutput" to the mailcap entry.
| #2 not tested.

(1) might work, though I'm offering another approach in the other thread
branch. (2) won't help - you never see chrome "return" from the web page
display, and watching the command output for EOF doesn't help.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

It's the business of killing trees and putting chemicals on them.
- overhead by WIRED at the Intelligent Printing conference Oct2006