Thanks to everyone who replied, here or privately. I have a lot to consider now.

> On Apr 5, 2024, at 12:13 PM, gregebert <gregeb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've had battles with some of the strain-reliefs in the past. If they dont
> break coming out, they often will when going back in so best to get some
> spares if you can.

This one survived. It came out surprisingly easily.

> I'm not sure who adopted the IEC power connectors first, but they deserve a
> Nobel prize in my opinion.

I've laid in a supply of the earlier cords with the funky connector. The ones
uses by HP etc. They work well but they're getting pretty scare and it's really
hard to find ones with the polarity "un-reversed". And then there are the
sockets that have broken. The insulator is a flimsy piece of phenolic.

The less said about CD jewel cases the better. The most in-your-face
obsolescent thing ever foisted on the public.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

“We’ve arranged a society on science and technology in which nobody understands
anything about science and technology, and this combustible mixture of
ignorance and power sooner or later is going to blow up in our faces. I mean,
who is running the science and technology in a democracy if the people don’t
know anything about it.”—Carl Sagan to Charlie Rose, May 27, 1996 (Sagan's last
interview)