I've had good luck just buying an extension cord and chopping off the
female end.  They're available in all sorts of configurations, including
the three-wire zip cord you described, and are often cheaper than the cost
of the desired wire alone if purchased by by the foot.  The molded plug
looks completely professional, too.
~~
Mark