Hello,  A while back I was testing a batch of Burroughs 6844A nixie tubes.
None in the batch worked correctly.   Only the cathode lead wires glowed,
not the
digits themselves.   I have noticed this repeatedly on Burroughs 6844A
tubes.

However, usually when National NL-6844A tubes (NOS and in the red boxes)
are tested, they all work properly.

What causes the lead-wire glow problem?  And why does this happen
more often with the Burroughs version?

Thanks, Chuck