From: "David" <nixiebu...@gmail.com>
Sent: 4/27/2024 11:35:58 AM
To: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com
Subject: X-IMail-SPAM-Connection  Re: [neonixie-l] Lighting of only cathode
lead wires

I have seen this also on these tubes. The 6844A is an early tube design that
didn't have mercury added to prevent cathode poisoning. I doubt that anyone has
done recent research on this phenomenon, so we're left with conjecture. Here's
mine: after the cathode gets poisoned, the plasma has to be generated
somewhere. That somewhere is the lead wires. Later tubes had insulating paint
applied to the lead wires to prevent this. It's usually white or green.

David Forbes, Tucson AZ

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/815E0EF3-E61A-4EB6-96EA-F381281D3604%40gmail.com.
</leroypurifoy...@gmail.com></nixiebu...@gmail.com>