On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 8:15 AM, Sachin Dole <sd...@genvega.com> wrote:

> Thank you Richard and Clifford. Yes, I will try to get the boundary
> correct wrt the cemetery using my android device GPS. You recommend the
> android app vespucci for this or is there another better app?

I recommend GoMap!! which is only available for iOS. I haven't used
vespucci, although it seems to have plenty of features. GoMap!! is easy to
use on mapping parties. My wife lets me borrow her iPad when needed. I use
OSMTracker for Android as well. Very handy when out hiking. Not great for
mapping businesses.

>  My intro: I am working on a startup that leans heavily on OSM, so I am
> familiar with the data, nominatim, XAPI etc. I never did much mapping and
> hence not very good with how the data relate to the intent for the
> consumer. Total newbie to that part.

I find it useful for developers to have a good understanding of how people
tag. So actually getting involved with adding data to OSM may help you
better understand our tagging methods.

>  I would love to host a mapping party in my area. In fact, I subscribed
> to the party list just this morning.

I'm surprised to find that Chicago doesn't have a Meetup Group. Perhaps you
could start one. You might join talk-us and invite people to start a
mapping group in your area.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle