On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Sachin Dole <sd...@genvega.com> wrote:

> Funding is not an issue. Its just that I am only starting to be an
> individual contributor and don't know too many others who may be really
> interested. So, I am unsure at the moment how I can drive this and to what
> result - thats the part I would like to put some imagination into over a
> couple days. Of course, if there are other folks in Chicagoland who are
> willing to work together, then, it will become easier.

Running a meetup group, as you probably know, is a lot of work. I work with
Chase (Seattlefyi) who really helps out. We are trying to build a core
group. Seem strange considering we have well over 200 people in our meetup
group. But most people never utter a sound and never attend a meetup. I am
also active in CUGOS.org in Seattle. It is an open source gis group that is
very active. Over 350 people on the mailing list with 30-50+ people
attending monthly meetings. I get a lot of volunteers and support from
cugos. I also work with a Code for America group in Seattle.  Plus we just
started our MaptimeSEA group. Open source GIS, whether it's software or
data, is really getting big. It is a great time to be having fun with GIS.

> Great to know that you went from cold to wet! :-) just kidding :-) I have
> never been to Seattle, but I have friends who live there, whom I hope to
> visit someday soon.

It's WET. Man is it wet. We go from dry summers to wet fall, winter and
spring. But it's a great place. I hope you can get out here someday. Look
me up. We did make a bid to host the 2015 SOTM-US conference here. It may
be your chance to visit us and talk about how you are using OSM.

Take care,
Clifford

--
@osm_seattle