As just a side bar to this duscussion of ranting: an interesting thing
   happened to me yesterday.  I was at the Skagit Valley Highland Games to
   participate in a SSP and Border pipe "talent show" for lack of a better
   term.  Kat Eggleston and I played a set of Lowland tunes in a guitar/BP
   duet.  Ours was the only set of Border tunes played on BP.  Anyway, in
   a presentation of the different kinds of pipes I demonstrated the NSP.
   The tune used to show off the sound of each instrument was "Scotland
   the Brave" which I ranted as best I can.  People physically responded
   by moving to the music.  The Highland pipers made like organ grinders
   or monkeys, but it didn't matter because I was pleased to get a happy
   reaction from the audience (when they didn't)!