On 8/12/2023 4:03 PM, Hamid,Idris wrote:

\tfx causes a switch to computer modern.

Indeed. Something I need to discuss with Wolfgang as double checking is needed before I patch.

But what if we want to scale independently of font switching?
There is no need to go lua here (esp when you have not done vf magick before and i'm not going to debug code that i have little clue what it's about to do).

- we cheat here and yuse glyph scaled (I have to provide a relative to current x/y scaling, don't use \glyphscale as that one is used by context itself
- we use the style variant so that it adapts
- you have to replace "Serif" with "YourFont" and map that one onto a file (YourFont YourFontBold etc)
- more about these box manipulations in the low level manual

\startsetups glyph:iTee
    \dontleavehmode\hpack\bgroup
        \setbox\scratchbox \ruledhbox \bgroup
            \glyphxscale 400
            \glyphyscale 400
            \getglyphstyled{Serif}{T}% choose a font here
        \egroup
        \scratchheight 2.75\ht\scratchbox
        \boxyoffset    \scratchbox\scratchheight
        \boxorientation\scratchbox\plustwo
        \ht            \scratchbox\scratchheight
        \box\scratchbox
    \egroup
\stopsetups

\definesymbol