The code below frames the text area of a part page.  The part page removes the
footer and headers, then I use definelayout to change the text height & width.
It works find until I load the pgf and/or tikz modules.  When either of those
modules are loaded, the frame is forced to the next page.  The only way I can
make the frame stay on the page is to reduce the height of the frame; however,
then it doesn't fit the text area that I've defined.

Why when I load the modules pgf and/or tikz does the frame for the part page
get forced to the next page?
How do I fix it?
Is there a better way to do this? (don't say remove the pgf and tikz modules
:-) ).

Thanks,
Bart

\showframe