On Wednesday 14 January 2009 12:03:51 pm Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 14.01.2009 um 19:42 schrieb Bart C. Wise:
> > Ultimately I want to load an image and have it framed for the
> > background on the part page. I like the ability that tikz gives me
> > to adjust the opacity of the image, which is why I tried to find a
> > solution using tikz.
> > So I can find a solution without tikz, but is there one that will
> > work with tikz?
>
> How about this?
>
> \setupexternalfigures[location={local,global,default}]
>
> \setupcolors[state=start]
>
> \definecolor[partwhite][s=1,t=.8,a=1]
>
> \defineoverlay[partimage][\overlayfigure{mill}]
>
> \defineframedtext
>    [partframed]
>    [width=\textwidth,
>     height=\textheight,
>     rulethickness=5pt,
>     background={partimage,color},
>     backgroundcolor=partwhite,
>     top=\vfill,
>     bottom=\vfill\vfill]
>
> \setuphead
>    [part]
>    [before=\startpartframed,
>     after=\stoppartframed,
>     align=middle,
>     footer=high,
>     header=high,
>     placehead=yes]
>
> \starttext
> \part{This is part one}
> \stoptext

Wolfgang,

Thanks!  That one works.  And much more elegant than what I was developing.

Just so I understand:
"background={partimage,color}" : This creates the background from both the
image and the backgroundcolor, correct?

What does the "s=1" and the "a=1" do in defining the color partwhite?  I can't
find anything on the web.

Bart