On 22-1-2010 12:14, Gour wrote:
Hiya!

I've decide to (finally) learn ConTeXt and use it exclusively as well
as port (some of) the old documents from LaTeX/LyX.

In order to do that I've installed context-minimals-git package
available for Arch Linux (thank you Aditya! - mahajano yena gatah sa
panthah) ;)

I've some issues with update (left the note on AUR), but I'm curious
what is the proper way to update ConTeXt for MKIV format? (I do not
need MKII and want to focus on MKIV exclusively - to help with
testing and because I've no need to keep any MK II document.)

The wiki page (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals) says:

*  For making MKIV format

luatools --selfupdate
mtxrun --selfupdate
luatools --generate
context --make

if you download the minimals installer script from the garden and run

  ./first-update.sh --engine=luatex

you only get mkiv related files

after that you can update with just

  ./first-update.sh