On Fri, 22 Jan 2010, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

Currently something is going wrong in the installation script. Others have said
that you need to "press enter twice" to get it to run. My guess is that
something is trying to generate the luatools format, even though I have not
asked for it. I will investigate further why this is happening.

Can you test the latest version from AUR.

It is possible that the earlier build sometimes ended up creating a $HOME/texmf-cache directory as root. If that happened, you will need to forcably remove $HOME/texmf-cache before reinstalling the package.

For those who are interested, this is what was happening. If you set TEXMFCACHE to a non-existing directory and run texexec --make cont-en, it asks you if you want to create the TEXMFCACHE directory (even though it is not needed to create the format for pdftex). pacman hides this question (don't know why), so it appeared that the program had hung. If you pressed enter twice (answering texexec's questions as no), the install proceeded as expected. I am getting around this by creating an empty directory in /opt/context-minimals/tex/texmf-cache but setting the TEXMFCACHE to $HOME/texmf-cache:/opt/context-minimals/texmf-cache Thus, texexec is happy because it can /opt/context-minimals/texmf-cache exists, and when the user runs luatools --generate for the first time, $HOME/texmf-cache gets created with the owner as the user.

Aditya