Am Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:33:03 +0200 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 28-10-2010 10:34, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>
>> Even if unicode would have a code point for every symbol: At first
>> my problem is not _where_ to map a glyph but _how_ to do it. And at
>> second: Chess games and boards are typeset with commands so it
>> doesn't matter much where a glyph is in a font as long as all chess
>> fonts use the same standard so that you can switch fonts without
>> problems. The standard used by chessfss is (for historical reasons)
>> the font chart of the skak/skaknew fonts.
>>

> \directlua{fonts.otf.char("glyphname")}
>
> Should work.

No, it doesn't work.

\directlua{fonts.otf.char("c140")} doesn't give the King ("c140",
\char140) but an "aring" due to the entry

  unicodes={...,c140={ 229, 140 },...}

in temp-pirat.lua generated by luaoftload.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{luaotfload}
\pagestyle{empty}
\begin{document}
\font\test={name:Chess Figurine Pirat}
\test
\char140 \directlua{fonts.otf.char("c140")}
\end{document}

So how can I change the fontdata so that
\directlua{fonts.otf.char("c140")} gives the correct glyph?

And when I have corrected the fontdata, is there a way (besides
using a fea-file) to manipulate the fontdata so that the input "K"
outputs the glyph "c140"?

--
Ulrike Fischer