On 28-10-2010 3:33, Khaled Hosny wrote:
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 03:08:09PM +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
On 10/28/2010 02:57 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

And when I have corrected the fontdata, is there a way (besides
using a fea-file) to manipulate the fontdata so that the input "K"
outputs the glyph "c140"?

I have not followed this closely, bit it seems to me that the problem
is more likely caused by a fea file than that it is cured by it.

It seems like the font is using that multiple code points for the same
glyph some thing of TrueType, I'm not sure, but I recall FF
documentation recommending against using it.

indeed there is some multiple mapping going on and as we're dealing with sparse tables and loops over a hash we get a bit arbitrary matches when there are multiple ...

there is also some pretty high altuni field present

if I look at the font in fontforge the chess symbols sit in latin slots so it's in the font

if the font is okay, accessing by glyph name will work ok