On 28-10-2010 7:08, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
Am Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:01:07 +0200 schrieb Hans Hagen:

The question I have: How can I correct the fontdata after I have
loaded the font?

in context it is possible to 'patch' a font before it gets cached but
that's just a hack; in luaotf I can imagine that you intercept the font
just before it gets passed to tex, but anyway, it's asking for problems
with respect to future proof processing

Well I don't want to patch the font system. But why can't I change
the font data after the \font\test=... line? Is the data somewhere
in the memory where it can't be touched? If yes is it possible to
copy the data, change it and then use the changed data to define a
new font \testb?

as direct manipulation at that level is doomed to fail in the future (nothing is written in stone till we have luatex 1.0) the best I can think of is to provide a function that does the job i.e. stupify the mapping, something fonts.otf.simplifynamemapping or so, or better provide that as feature so that one can enable it; really this is the only robust way