On Thu, 2 Aug 2012, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

4) I'm trying to port the following TeX code to ConTeXt

$$\eqalign{x&=1\cr y&=2\cr}\qquad \hbox{haha}$$

it looks like \startformula\startalign.. doesn't allow me to do that
I somehow managed to have it by typing

\startformula
\vcenter{\starttabular[|rM|lM|]
\NC x \NC =1\NC\NR
\NC y \NC =2\NC\NR
\stoptabular}\qquad\text{haha}
\stopformula

the pdf export is fine, but the xml export is awfull (because of \vcenter I guess)

a) Is there a way to use tables inside math mode alongside other stuff (would be handy) ? b) what is the correct way to type the previous text, so the pdf and xml are fine in Context ?

Why not use \startmathalign etc. See:

http://dl.contextgarden.net/myway/mathalign.pdf

Sorry, I meant, \startmathmatrix (or \startmatrix) etc.

Aditya