On Wed, 22 Aug 2012, Olivier Binda wrote:

Thank you for the tips.

Here, I cleaned up the code some more (sorry to have left stuff over last time),.

I added some explanations to make my issue clearer

\startusableMPgraphic{myFrame}
  draw OverlayBox withpen pencircle scaled 1pt withcolor green;
draw (currentpicture enlarged 2cm) withcolor red withpen pencircle scaled 2pt;
\stopusableMPgraphic

\defineoverlay[myOverlay][\useMPgraphic{myFrame}]
\defineframedtext[myStatement][frame=off]
\setupframedtexts[myStatement][background=myOverlay,offset=overlay,autowidth=force]
\starttext
\framed[strut=no]{\startmyStatement FIRST TEST\stopmyStatement}
In the first test, I would like the black box to have the dimensions of the red box.

\defineframed[myStatement][background=myOverlay, offset=overlay,width=fit]
\dontleavehmode\framed[strut=no, offset=2cm]{\myStatement{FIRST TEST}}
In the first test, I would like the black box to have the dimensions of the red box.

\blank[big,big,big,big,big,big,big,big,big,big]

\placefigure[left,none]{}{\startmyStatement SECOND TEST\stopmyStatement}
In the second test, I'm going to demonstrate the issue by flowing text around the framed text, the green color {\em and the red color} shouldn't touch the flowing text as I want the float box to include the text box {\em and the overlay box.}

\placefigure[left,none]{}{\framed[strut=no,offset=2cm]{\myStatement{SECOND TEST}}}

If needed, you can hide this behind macros:

\def\startmyStatement
    {\framed[struct=no, offset=2cm]\bgroup\myStatement\bgroup}

\def\stopmyStatement
   {\egroup\egroup}

Aditya