On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 08:49:30PM +0100, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Have you tried the unifraktur fonts, as you can see on the website the font
> has features to change
> the umlauts and also to replace the normal s with the long s.
>
> \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][Unifraktur Maguntia]
>
> \setupbodyfont[mainface]
>
> \definefontfeature [longs]     [cv11=yes]
> \definefontfeature [diaeresis] [cv15=yes]
>
> \mainlanguage[de]
>
> \starttext
>
> \input knuth
>
> schönstes – {\feature[+][longs]schönstes}
>
> ſchön Üben – {\feature[+][diaeresis]ſchön Üben}
>
> \quotation{Quoted text}
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

This is the answer of my context (version: 2013.05.28 00:36):

l.2 \definefontfamily
                   [mainface][rm][Unifraktur Maguntia]
? h
The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have ...

I don't know, whether there apply in English texts the same rules as in German
ones with respect
to Fraktur or similar fonts.
The written Knuth text (in the .pdf-file) would contain some right "s" at end
of words and syllabs
as in "Thus", "components", "activities" or the third "s" in successfull, but
the rest of all the
other "s" would be wrong.
I know that many people write German texts in this manner, because they don't
know it better, and
perhaps it's allowed in English texts, I don't know, but it's rather ugly in
German ones.

In yfrak I have to describe in a special manner end "s" and umlauts with a
little "e"
on top too, but its very easy and short:
middle "s" = "s", the normal one,
end    "s" = "s:"
       "ä" = "ä" or "*a", "ö" = "ö" or "*o" and so forth.
The only error is that \quotation{...} is not possible. Perhaps yfrak will be
repaired one day.

Ok, I admit, it would be possible to write a text with the right characters in
Unifraktur Maguntia,
but with what expense!

I tried Unifraktur Maguntia after having it transcoded into .otf by fontforge
and saw, that
\quotation{...} worked well. As I see now the transfering into .otf wasn't
necessary. I will
preserve your above example. Thanks, Wolfgang.

Rudolf