On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 12:25 PM Henning Hraban Ramm <te...@fiee.net> wrote:

> > Am 30.07.2020 um 07:52 schrieb Jeong Dal <hak...@me.com>:
> >
> > Dear Alasdair McAndrew,
> >
> > I am using vscode in iMac, so my setting may not work for you.
> >

> > 1. First, find files for vscode in your TeX folder.
> >
> > In my case,
> >

> /ConTeXt-homefolder/tex/texmf-context/context/data/vacode/extensions/context/*.*
> >
> > 2. In a homefolder, there is a hidden folder “.vacode”.
> >
> > Copy context/*.* to  ./vscode/extensions/context/*.*
> >
> > 3. Open vscode and enable context-extension.
> >
> > Since it was long time ago, my memory may not be correct.
> > However, I hope that it may give you an idea.
>
> It might make sense to not copy the files but symlink the folder (then it
> automatically receives updates).
> i.e.
> ln -s $TEXROOT/texmf-context/context/data/vacode/extensions/context
> ~/.vscode/extensions/
>
> Don’t know how symlinking in Windows works, though.
>
> HR

Hi!

To make a symlink worked well here, in the sense that I got a context
extension in vs code, and when opening a context file it was recognized as
such. I could go into the extension settings and enable color syntax.
Questions:

1) Is there a way to get autocompletion on all context commands (not only
the ones I have in the document)? If so, how?
2) Is there a nice way to compile the tex file from within vs code? As of
now, I opened a terminal and compiled from that, but that feels like the
wrong way of doing it.

I'm on linux and with the latest standalone (lmtx if that matters).

/Mikael