On 6/7/21 10:43 PM, Leonard Janis Robert König wrote:
> Hi Adam, Hi Pablo,
>
> I just noticed your replies, sorry for the late answer!
>
> I could sign forms with both okular as well as mupdf just fine,
> although the behavior is different.  The former assumes that the field
> is already an existing signature and segfaults when you look at the
> properties, but cann successfully add another signature using the
> "Tools" menu.

Hi Leo,

I’m afraid that I don’t use Okular.

>  With the latter you can click on the form field to
> trigger a menu to select the signature you want to sign with, and it
> "replaces" the "empty" signature generated by ConTeXt.  Both work fine,
> even with my newer ConTeXt.

mupdf-gl signs the document, but in a way that only mupdf-gl understands it.

Try to open a PDF document signed with mupdf-gl in Acrobat (Reader or
not). You will see that the signature is wrong.

>> On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 5:50 PM Pablo Rodriguez <oi...@gmx.es> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> From my experience, only Acrobat deals with child objects in
>>> signatures
>>> generating a valid signature (and rewriting the two objects into a
>>> single one).
>
> As mentioned above, it seems that mupdf (now?) actually rewrites "both"
> signatures into one, however Okular doesn't.

Sorry, objects is a very special term in PDF parlance. It has nothing to
do with signatures.

Just in case it might help,

Pablo
--