On Wed, 2021-06-09 at 16:41 +0200, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 6/8/21 11:07 PM, Leonard Janis Robert König wrote:
> > On Tue, 2021-06-08 at 17:41 +0200, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > Try to open a PDF document signed with mupdf-gl in Acrobat
> > > (Reader or
> > > not). You will see that the signature is wrong.
> >
> > Hm, I tested with Okular, Firefox and MasterPDF as I don't have
> > Acrobat
> > on Linux [...]

Hi Pablo,

> Acrobat for Linux is available (although the version is too old) at
> ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/9.x/9.5.5/enu/.
>
> Acrobat isn’t able to deal with the signature annotation and with the

yeah, I try to stay away from this pile of security holes :)

> > > Sorry, objects is a very special term in PDF parlance. It has
> > > nothing
> > > to do with signatures.
>
> Here is a description:
> https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/pdf/PDF32000_2008.pdf#search=4.35
> (link should work with Firefox).

Thanks a bunch!  I wonder why PDF 2.0 still isn't uploaded there, but
probably it's now ISO only(?)

> But you might check yourself with the following sample:
>
>   \setuppapersize[A10, landscape]
>   \setuplayout[page]
>   \setupinteraction[state=start]
>   \starttext
>   \setupfield[sl][horizontal]
>     [frame=on, width=\textwidth, height=\textheight]
>   \definefield[x][signature][sl]
>   \field[x]
>   \stoptext
>
> The attached certificate has the password 123456.
>
> Only mupdf-gl sees the signature annotation after signing it.
> Acrobat,
> Evince, Okular and xpdf cannot deal with the signature.

On my system (but rather recent, Arch-Testing) Okular did see the
signature actually!  However the validator doesn't recognize a thing.

> https://validator.docusign.com/ gives a warning:
>
>   This document doesn't have any digital signatures.
>
> I hope it might help,

Luckily(?) I don't have to deal with signatures that much right now,
but my problem is more related to other kinds of forms which seems to
be able to be worked around by not using TABLE.

~ Leo