All,

I've got a little head scratcher, and would appreciate any insight
folks might have.

Printer Server: Win2k8 R2, fully patched VM running on vSphere 5
(recently gone from 5.0 to 5.1, the problem began on the earlier
version.)

Problem: Print jobs from our installation of Epicor Avante to various
printers (an HP 2055 and several models of Zebra printer) hosted on
the printer server, will intermittently hang in the print queue. Delay
will range anywhere from 1.5 - 2 minutes, and they they'll print. I
can see the jobs in queue, just sitting there (they have a status of
'printing', but do nothing.)

I am seeing nothing in the event viewer for the printer server that
looks relevant, and certainly no warnings or errors. Neither memory
nor CPU spike

The Avante server is running Win2k3 R2.

The problem disappears and reappears a couple of times a week.

Thoughts?

Kurt