From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Kurt Buff
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 4:15 PM
To: NTSysADM@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [NTSysADM] Odd spooler issue

All,

I've got a little head scratcher, and would appreciate any insight folks might
have.

Printer Server: Win2k8 R2, fully patched VM running on vSphere 5 (recently gone
from 5.0 to 5.1, the problem began on the earlier
version.)

Problem: Print jobs from our installation of Epicor Avante to various printers
(an HP 2055 and several models of Zebra printer) hosted on the printer server,
will intermittently hang in the print queue. Delay will range anywhere from 1.5
- 2 minutes, and they they'll print. I can see the jobs in queue, just sitting
there (they have a status of 'printing', but do nothing.)

I am seeing nothing in the event viewer for the printer server that looks
relevant, and certainly no warnings or errors. Neither memory nor CPU spike

The Avante server is running Win2k3 R2.

The problem disappears and reappears a couple of times a week.

Thoughts?

Kurt